We recently purchased a townhouse, and we have a list of items that we need updated/fixed:
1. The front door jamb needs to be reinforced with a piece of metal where the deadbolt locks the door.
2. The entire ground floor needs caulking around the floor, and any other relevant material, to minimize heat loss.
3. We need some pot lights installed in the ceiling on the ground floor. Presently there is no hook up for this lighting, wires need to be run.
4. We need a ceiling fan with a light installed in the master bedroom. Presently there is no hook up for a ceiling light, wires need to be run.
5. Replace any relevant wall outlets (bathroom, kitchen) with GFI plugs.
6. Turn on a gas fireplace in living room. I could probably do it myself if I wasn't scared of blowing up my townhouse.
7. Just take a look at the windows in the upstairs bedrooms. There is a lot of road noise, and I think the window frame is either not insulated properly or not sitting right. I am also willing to replace the actual window/frame itself, depending on the cost.