Jun 19 2016
We are currently finalizing a building permit application with the City of Ottawa. We are incorporating their comments and should have the permit shortly. I would like to begin the renovation in July 2016.
We are essentially trying to "retrofit" an existing basement apartment in a bungalow next to Algonquin College. The list of specific things to change are noted below and a draft of the blue prints can be emailed to you for further review.
ITEMS TO ADDRESS:
1. Add smoke detectors in basement bedrooms.
2. Add smoke detector in entrance
3. Interconnect the smoke detectors between units and between entrance and units.
4. Fire rate the walls of the mechanical room (as per detail composition 4a on page 3)
5. Ceiling to be fire rated (as per detail composition 5 on page 3) We’ll try this new composition.
6. Existing beam and main duct to be fire rated (as per detail 2 on page 2)
7. Existing post to be fire rated (as per detail 2 on page 2)
8. Door between mechanical and unit to be changed to fire rated door (see door schedule)
9. Door between unit and stair to be changed to fire rated door (see door schedule)
10. Fire rate the walls between the main floor unit and stair (as per detail composition 4a on page 3)
11. Window to be added near stair for the minimum glazing of living room.
12. Add fire dampers for heat registers that pass through the fire rating.
POSSIBLE ADDITIONAL ITEMS (SUBJECT TO CONFIRMATION)
1. Remove the door between the main floor unit and stair
2. Add in-duct smoke detector in furnace
3. Fire rate the walls around the Hot water tank
4. Add Smoke detectors in main floor unit bedrooms.
5. Fire rating floor composition is not approved by them.
General Contractor Services/Carpentry/Drywall Gypsum/Painting
Discount - I want the cheapest price! This is just a functional job
750 sq ft (already finished basement)
Contractor to provide materials.
This project has not been awarded yet